Sunday, July 8, 2012

Baby Chick Celebrates 4th of July!

On the eve of our big 4th of July celebration, as I was outside taking care of my animals, I started hearing a "cheep, cheep, cheep"! That certainly got my attention. Upon investigation - you guessed it - a newly hatched baby was under the new Mom back in a hidden area of the chicken run.

4th of July, not a big gift giving occasion, but I guess my cross Easter Egger/Red Jungle Fowl Bantam thought it was a good idea to surprise me.

Haven't actually laid eyes on the new little one - guess you could say Mom's a tad bit cranky just now. I'll catch her in the act next year! 

Hope you had a special 4th of July, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In Gratitude to Chickens - For Centuries of Service to Humans

In Gratitude to Chickens - for Centuries of Service to Humans The purpose of this book is to debunk the common stereotypes about ...