Friday, April 27, 2012

Baby Chicks - A Spiritual Experience

Not just baby chicks, actually new life in any form, combined with the new growth seen everywhere in the Spring brings me to a state of spiritual renewal and bolsters my faith. Probably an odd statement to write in a blog about raising chickens, but, now it's off my chest - for better or for worse.

I have two separate batches of babies right now, an order of ten from a hatchery and the others I couldn't resist from the feed store. I know, I should just have enough sense not to enter such an establishment this time of year. But, what's done is done, and I'm very happy because of it. It's the reason I bought a little acreage - to make room for the inevitable.

Photos coming . . .

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. Our experience with our four chicks now seven weeks has been wonderful. We are smitten.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

In Gratitude to Chickens - For Centuries of Service to Humans

In Gratitude to Chickens - for Centuries of Service to Humans The purpose of this book is to debunk the common stereotypes about ...