Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tame Chickens - Young Old English are Surprisingly Tame

The most tame chickens I have right now are a group of eight Old English, they're just growing up and love to fly up on my shoulders when I let them range outside their run. Some of them will be going to the fair later this month, hopefully they'll do well. The hatchery sent a great variety and all of them are very healthy, not to mention beautiful.

This week will be busy, bathing and closely examining each of my entries. The fair required early sign-up, so will have to stick with the breeds I listed. So far, everybody looks pretty good. Can't wait to exhibit them and spend some time with other chicken enthusiasts. Of course, I'm missing those giant ice cream treats I can't help indulging in every year, too. Can't beat fair food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In Gratitude to Chickens - For Centuries of Service to Humans

In Gratitude to Chickens - for Centuries of Service to Humans The purpose of this book is to debunk the common stereotypes about ...