Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baby Chicks Two Weeks Old

The new baby chicks I mentioned last post are about two weeks old now and I spend as much time with them as possible -- they're getting really tame. Come to think of it, that could be why I've neglected my blog for nearly that length of time. Being a 'dad' is really time consuming.

Just when I'd written off winter we had about 3 inches of snow Wednesday. . . didn't last long, though.

My pair of geese are hatching a few goslings, will get some pictures up ASAP. I named the gander Pop and the goose, Nana. They remind me of grandparents for some strange reason. I think they'll do fine, they're pretty protective and will take good care of their little ones.

Took in a poultry show earlier today. Didn't have time to linger, but checked out all the birds quickly - great variety. I took some photos.

Should be lots of events all over soon, drop me a line about them if you get the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In Gratitude to Chickens - For Centuries of Service to Humans

In Gratitude to Chickens - for Centuries of Service to Humans The purpose of this book is to debunk the common stereotypes about ...