Monday, November 28, 2011

Pet Chickens Asked to Model Fashionable Attire! Sneak Peek - but act fast

Okay, this is going to sound a little weird . . . you ready?  Well, it was a day like any other - full of drudgery (ahem, don't tell my boss!) when out of the blue I got the call.
My friend wanted to know if she could use my (rather tame) chickens to model some fashionable creations. Uh, really??! "Yes" she said. She told me this story:
She'd seen a sign at a county fair in the poultry 4-H quarters, announcing a contest for 'Best Dressed Chicken'. Having had a 'passion for fashion' for years, her imagination took over and she began to design and hand-sew what she insisted were "to-die-for" outfits. Along the way, she'd learned that it was a relaxing, enjoyable hobby and that it brought out her creativity. How could I not be intrigued? I mean how often could this happen in the life of an everyday habitual chicken raising enthusiast?
Here's the scoop - this is something I've become kind of excited about. The modelling session is over, and my chickens performed like born (er, hatched) professional models! Talk about cute chicks!! But, the people to see these photos first are those who've signed up at http://www.fortheloveofchickens.com . It only seems fair-they entrusted me with their first names and email addresses. Plus, I've fallen down on the job of following up, so most of them probably surmise that I died in the past few months. They'll get a broadcast about these sharply dressed chicks in just a couple of days -- if you want to be among the very first to see these photos, just click on the link above, enter your name and email address, and you'll be part of a special few. By signing up you have access to my book on fitting and showing chickens, pretty informative - though I don't like to blow my own horn (honestly).
Get it now, before you forget. They really do look awfully cute - it's gonna make you smile! Then, hope you'll give me your feedback about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In Gratitude to Chickens - For Centuries of Service to Humans

In Gratitude to Chickens - for Centuries of Service to Humans The purpose of this book is to debunk the common stereotypes about ...