Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Greetings

"Happy Thanksgiving!"

Hope it's turning out just the way you envisioned it . . . no nightmarish accidents like:
  • forgetting to take the plastic wrapped 'extra's' out of the turkey
  • making pumpkin pie, but forgetting to add sugar - or
  • completely forgetting to fix stuffing
Well, you'd probably never make any of these mistakes, would you? Hate to confess it, but, yours truly has experienced every one of 'em. The restaurant was pleased to have me and my guests that particular Thanksgiving Day, though, and I learned three important lessons.

An attitude of gratitude -- good to have, not only every day of the year, but especially this time of year. The fact that I still have a job, especially during this economy, pretty much tops the list of things I'm grateful for. If not for that current situation I'd , of course, put my family first . . . then my appreciation for being blessed to have all my chickens, dog, cat, rabbit, and geese. Still lacking a soul-mate and future wife, but most of the time I'm able to "keep the faith".

How 'bout you? Make my day -- make a comment. Please?

Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

In Gratitude to Chickens - For Centuries of Service to Humans

In Gratitude to Chickens - for Centuries of Service to Humans The purpose of this book is to debunk the common stereotypes about ...